Calling All Creative Coders, Hackers, Designers, and Technical Young Women and Teachers!
The National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT) is sponsoring an Award for Aspirations in Computing which honors young women at the high-school level for their computing-related achievements and interests as well as great teachers! The Award offers both national and local “affiliate” competitions for students and a national program for educators. There are just 3 weeks left to apply for either NCWIT Award! Applications are being accepted online only at http://www.aspirations.org/participate/high-school until November 2nd!
Student National Awardees receive:
• A laptop computer
• 2 engraved trophies–one to take home and one for the school’s trophy case
• a trip for the student & one parent attend the National Award ceremony in Charlotte, North Carolina on March 14-16
Student Idaho Awardees receive:
• $500-$1000 scholarships to study computer science at Boise State (for up to 4 years)
• 2 engraved trophies- one to take home and one for the school
• invitation for student, parents and teacher to attend an award ceremony at Boise State University on Tuesday March 3rd from 4-6 pm.
• lots of cool computer science swag!
Eduactor Awardees receive:
• $1000 for participation in a computing-related professional development activity
• engraved trophy
• invitation to attend an award ceremony at Boise State on Tuesday March 3rd from 4-6 pm.
(click on images to view larger)
Boise State gave out 12 state student awards and 1 teacher award in each of the last two years.
(Thank you Lynn for providing this information)